A Guided Meditation on the Breath for Beginners


A Guided Meditation For Beginners

YouTube Version

Soundcloud Version


As I'd mentioned previously, I've been doing a lot of freelance voice work lately. One of the jobs I'd recently auditioned for involved creating guided meditations for commercial use, so obviously I jumped at the chance given that I'm doing voiceovers already; and also have loads of experience in meditation and can also produce broadcast-standard audio and video super quickly.

While I'm writing this blog post, I'm waiting to hear back from the client as there's still the small matter of my impenetrable accent and its clarity. In fairness, I have tried to soften it considerably and to pronounce things clearly, but whether they take me on board to produce for them remains to be seen. In the end, it's no great loss if I don't get the gig and in fact you folks actually come out winning either way 'cause I get to upload a free guided meditation!

Guided meditations are something that I'd already sketched out for Methods of Awakening. It was just a matter of writing strong enough scripts and composing appropriate, non-intrusive musical backing tracks. To be completely honest, I've never been a big fan of guided meditation but I can see how many people find it useful, and this was the perfect excuse to get started.

In this day and age, more people are inclined to consume this sort of content in an audio format anyway, so I'd like to produce as much high-quality material as possible. In doing so, more people will be able to start applying these basic techniques in a more productive and appropriate way, rather than fumbling around in the dark in ignorance.

Remember to follow Methods of Awakening on social media and I'll speak to you soon.

Practice Well - Peace Out

- Tommy

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Methods of Awakening - Access Concentration

Methods of Awakening - Stop! Jhana Time

Did You Get Your Free Book?